Preservation Society - Charity Number 1095946

Rose

Built 1949

Built by R.D.Lambies of Davey Bank, as a transomed sterned Tyne workboat. Lambies were specialists in clinker built wooden boats, ship's lifeboats and workboats for Trinity House.

She was bought in 2007 by her then present owner Derek Heelas from a boatbuilder in Cornwall, who had rebuilt her after being found in very poor condition. She is 14 feet in length, oroko planked on oak frames and is rigged with a loose footed standing lug rail. When her owner had finished with sailing her he donated Rose to the society.

March 2022 - She will be taken out of the harbour for some routine maintenance and a lick of new paint.